Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vintage Cards and Postcards - Auction over Easter weekend

One of my favourite things to do on the weekend is go to the auction with my mom. I am never usually looking for something specific, but am always surprised at the treasures we find. This past weekend, my husband and I both attended the local auction with my mom.

After bidding on a couple of fun items (A full library of Thomas the Tank Engine stories in one hardcover book and a vintage suitcase), my husband and I left to enjoy the sun while my mom, who could not be deterred, stayed until almost the very end.

When we went back to help her load up her purchases, she presented me with her best find - two boxes full of vintage cards and postcards from as early as 1909!!! The beautiful photos and illustrations are just the start of what makes this find so amazing. Reading the words on the back and inside of each card tell pieces of a story of a person's life. I tried to photograph a few of my favourites but they don't do them justice.









No comments:

Post a Comment